Once again, the Liebster Award is a cute honor given to up and coming fun blogs that have less than 200 followers as a way get their name out there and share some awesome blogs that you may have stumbled upon. Here is what it entails:
- Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves
- Each blogger answers the questions the tagger has set for you
- Then you pick 11 new winners of the Liebster Award and link to them in your post
- Pick 11 new questions to ask the new chosen winners
- Go to the new blog winner's pages and tell them about their award
- No tag-backs
11 random facts about myself:
1) I have been, in fact, called a Cheshire since my smile is very wide and Cheshire Cat-like. Even though you rarely see me smile in my blog pics!...How odd of me. However, I have also PLAYED the Cheshire Cat in 3 ballet/dance productions of Alice in Wonderland! Apparently, I looked the part. ::grins::
2) I wasn't allowed to wear makeup, even at 18...I suppose you could say I make-up for it now! (tee-hee, get it? make-up? Oh hush)
3) I hate the sun. End of story. Sensitive eyes to light, pale skin, easily burns, all that rigmarole.
4) I wasn't exactly the most stylish person when I was a kid. Mostly I tried to dress like Claudia from The Babysitter's Club (utter fail), but I also had a fascination with sweat-pants. No, no I have NO clue why. I didn't actually own a pair of jeans till I was 14-15. Now it's odd if I'm NOT wearing a type of jeans.
5) I really don't like water. I know it's incredibly healthy for you and I DO drink it. Currently I'm on a diet where I can drink ONLY water (which I've been doing for 6 weeks now), so no biggie, I will do it, but I certainly don't like it...and no I don't love sodas either, I don't drink those at all, even off my diet. My choice drink? Milk. Actually...chocolate milk if I had to get all specific. I know, I know, I'm a grown-up.
6) I've actually gotten asked this a lot. Yes, I AM a ballerina. Yes, I DO still dance and teach...and yes I DO dance en pointe. It's been a few years, recuperating from injuries, so I haven't worn them in a while, but I still have them and intend to get back in shape! Picture proof:
7) I read Wuthering Heights when I was 9. Why? Because it looked mysterious. I LOVED IT. I re-read it every once in a while.
8) I would totally dye my hair silver (with a very light tint of lavender) with dark grey low-lights and undertones. If only my hubby and family wouldn't disown me if I did lol
9) I'm a realistic optimist. Yes, it IS possible.
10) I have a 37" inseam. Finding pants and jeans that fit is SO much fun. (NO)
11) I just started a journey to lose 90lbs! I am toying with the idea of blogging about it, haven't made up my mind yet, but I've lost 17lbs so far, and loving it.
- 11 QUESTIONS FROM DIARY OF A TRENDAHOLIC:
1. What is the nicest place you have ever been to OR what is your dream vacation spot?
My dream vacation spot is definitely Ireland. Or Disney World, Universal Studios. I'm easy going lol
2. What is your dream occupation?
Already doing it! Ballet Instructor <3
3. What is your favorite perfume?
4. What month were you born?
March! Pieces chic!
5. What is one food you absolutely hate?
Onions. Blegh. Celery is a close second.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve (something that annoys you)?
Hearing people gulp/swallow their drinks. I don't know WHY that bothers me, but it's the whole nails-on-a-chalkboard feeling!
7. What are your hobbies?
Other than writing on my blog!? Reading, Watching movies with hubby, Dancing, Snuggling with my kitties...you know, the important stuff. ::smiles::
8. What is your favorite movie?
THAT is a difficult question. I love too many. Probably Scott Pilgrim vs. The World for my modern movie. For my oldie but goodie, I love Pretty in Pink. For my classic, I love Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire.
9. What has been your favorite purchase for this year thus far?
OOoooo, tough one. I guess you could say the Julep April Upgrade Box - Set the Stage. It was phenomenal!
10. What is your favorite season?
Fall into Winter
11. What is your favorite novel?It's a tie between Wuthering Heights and The Scarlet Pimpernel for my romantic classics. I also love Dan Brown's novels.
- So now you know a little more about the curious and amusing insight of Cookie's life! Here are the blogs I would like to nominate for the Liebster -
- Fairly Charming
Olive + Hazel
My Beauty Full Blog
Mischief Managed Makeup
Bon Vivant Beauty
Black Magic Rose
My questions for all of you are:
1) What is your go-to, never-failing, always-awesome beauty product?
2) What's the one tricky fashion trend you wish you could pull off?
3) What's the most expensive beauty item you've bought?
4) Quick! You have 15 seconds to gussy yourself up! What do you grab?
5) Discover a new color, describe and name it.
6) Name 3 actors that, when mixed, would be your ideal man. (and stop drooling)
7) If you could create a makeup line, what would you call it?
8) Would you rather be a very famous Blogger or a fairly well-known Vlogger?
9) What's your favorite magazine and why?
10) What's your favorite beauty subscription?
11) Pick one: Frost, Shimmer, Silk, Edgy or Lace?
Happy makeuping! and thank you again to Diary of a Trendaholic!