Thursday, June 13, 2013

Beauty News! - Sephora by OPI Discontinued

SEPHORA by OPI DISCONTINUED COLLABORATION


So I just heard through the Beauty Blogger grapevine that Sephora and OPI will no longer be collaborating on polishes! Why? I'm not sure at this point, and it hasn't been announced yet but sources say that someone has spoken to Sephora and they did indeed say it had been discontinued. That very much would explain why these polishes are discounted at the moment and why the Sephora Disney Ariel Collection polishes are the Sephora X set instead of the Sephora by OPI like the Cinderella and Jasmine collections were. 


 SEPHORA BY OPI CINDERELLA NAIL POLISH SET
A BRUSH WITH FATE



SEPHORA BY OPI JASMINE NAIL POLISH COLLECTION
ONE IS NEVER ENOUGH



SEPHORA X ARIEL NAIL POLISH COLLECTION
WHAT-CHA-NAIL-CALLIT


I don't believe there has been a public announcement yet, but I'll update once I hear anything more. For now, if you LOVE Sephora by OPI, I would suggest you go grab what you want! 

Happy Makeuping!

Love, Cookie

14 comments:

  1. ugh i hope it's not true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told at Sephora that what is currently in stores is all that will be available and that anything still in stores September 1st will be sent back and be available online. Also the Sephora by OPI nail polish remover will be gone (it was already sold out at my store). So if there is any colour you love or always wanted to try go stock up now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get 'em while they're hot! lol Thanks for the update!

      Delete
  3. Contract w/OPI expired and was not renewed. Wonder who they got to replace them, Color Club or Essie? But they aren't advertising it like they did with OPI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are expanding the Sephora X line, although I'm not sure who makes it for them or if its their own product.

      Delete
    2. Aha! Well that totally makes sense that since they feature them in the Ariel Collection :-) Thanks for the info!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the update! That's a good question...I haven't heard anything in regards to the next Sephora by _____ polish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OPI changed their formulas without notifying Sephora, Sephora decided to go it on their own brand

    ReplyDelete
  6. An employee told me that they decided to go with their own line since they did not renew their contract with OPI. In the end they're cutting costs be giving OPI money to create colors and putting Sephora's name on it. They can just skip having a middle man and make their own polishes.

    Also in regards to the Disney Princess stuff, Ariel is supposed to be the last one. I'm really disappointed because when it first came out they said it was going to be 2 years of Disney princesses and I was looking forward to Belle and maybe even Mulan if they decide to consider her a princess (even though she wasn't...).

    On a side note. I would LOVE to see a Harry Potter palette lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm so sad about Ariel being the last :-( I was sooooo looking forward to a Sleeping Beauty and/or Snow White!

      Harry Potter would be phenomenal! I agree!

      Delete
  7. We are getting deborah lippman instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw this post in a search on google! If you're interested, I have Sephora by OPI and Sephora X (NOT Formula X) available for great prices!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much of the Sephora by OPI do you have? I am looking for my salon but when I went to Big Lots today they are selling for $1.80. But not to many colors..But I may be interested Email me at Alicia6138@aol.com

      Delete