Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Positively Polished - 30 Manis Marathon #17

30 MANIS MARATHON
MANI #17 - GLITTER



Can you BELIEVE IT?! Another 30 Manis Marathon post! Haha, and now you can see WHY I haven't done one in so long, my poor, poor nails. They have been filed down to practically nothing. Well, technically they started with breakage from lots of manual work, then chipping, and no polishing, and I just lost track of taking care of them for a while. I got so incredibly busy and I wanted to catch up on my sub posts before I tried to get back into the mani posts, but I am going to try SOOOOOO hard to stay on track with these more now. 

So for my glitter mani, I wanted something funky fun. In fact, I tried a glitter mani way back during Thanksgiving, but the photos came out all fuzzy, and you couldn't see the glitter well. I meant to retake them but I became so busy over the Holidays and never did. The mani I did was with Thanksgiving colors, but since it is OBVIOUSLY (obviously, I mean, really now) not Thanksgiving anymore, I wanted to go bright and fun......or maybe I've been watching too many episodes of The Carrie Diaries......let's just say both. 


Here are the polishes I used!...


From Left to Right:

  • Nail Tek Intensive Therapy II (basecoat)
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - Anime
  • Sephora Xplosives Top Coat - Turbulent
  • Chaos & Crocodiles - Party at My House
  • Seche Vite - Dry Fast Topcoat



Most of the polishes are new for me, so I really wanted to use them. I didn't have an actual design or idea in mind, in fact, this is the first time I've polished my nails since Thanksgiving, and I just bought OCC's Anime so I really wanted to try it out. Isn't the pink bottle INSANELY incredible? Gorgeous!

I began with a basecoat of the Nail Tek II, then two coats of Anime. I couldn't decide which glitter to use since I absolutely adore all things Chaos & Crocodiles but I had been itching to use my new Sephora Xplosives, soI decided to use them both!



Turbulent, as you can see, has a hugely packed range of bright light blue-turquoise and black glitters in different sizes such as dots, circles, and hexagons. 


Party at My House is a stunning multi-color glitter with purple, green, pink, light blue and black dots, circles, diamonds, squares and hexagons. It's a party in a bottle, for sure!

I only used one coat of each, with Party at My House being the center accent nail on my middle finger, and Turbulent on my thumb, pointer finger, ring finger and pinky.


Even though each nail is done with one coat of glitter, I did lightly rearrange and space out the glitter with the tip of the brush until I was satisfied with the effect. I finished it up with a coat of Seche Vite!



Next up is Half Moons! Yay! I love doing those!



Happy Makeuping and Polishing!





    

No comments:

Post a Comment