Thursday, October 17, 2013

Positively Polished - 30 Manis Marathon #14

30 MANIS MARATHON
MANI #14 - FLOWERS



Haha, well, maybe not quite flowery-ish. Let's face it...I'm just not a floral person. Floral prints, patterns, decor...even the outdoors of my house. My Momma has the green thumb, alas, I do not. Don't get me wrong, I love gorgeous flowers! Roses, stunning! Gerber Daisies, adorable! Snapdragons, OOooo! Hydrangeas, pretty pretty pretty! I love GETTING flowers, planting them is a whole different story. With this is mind I decided to do something a little more modern and unexpected with my floral mani so I went with a dark, fall shade colorblock and simple dotted flowers!


Here are the polishes I used! -

 From Left to Right:

          • OPI - Planks a Lot
          • Julep - Diedre
          • Julep - Millie
          • Bondi New York - Tavern on the
          • Sephora by OPI - Break a Leg-Warmer


Not Shown: Bondi New York - I'm Vers (base and topcoat)



For this mani I started with a base coat of I'm Vers, then two coats of Diedre as my base color. I then used striping tape to tape off the colorblocks. I used Millie, Tavern on the, Planks a Lot and Break a Leg-Warmer as my four block colors for each nail, switching off the main large block color for each nail (one in the dark grey, one in dark purple, etc). I only applied one coat of each color in the blocks and once that became slightly tacky, I then pulled the striping tape off. I used a small dotting tool with Diedre for the five flower petals (dots), then I switched off with the four block colors for the center dot of the flowers. I finished the mani with one coat of I'm Vers as my topcoat!



Uuuuuuup next is DELICATE PRINT! Hmmmmm....that's going to be interesting!



 Love the Bondi polish I used in my mani? Must have it yourself? Use the code CHESHIRE10 to receive $10 OFF purchase of $25 or more at bondinewyork.com



Happy Makeuping and Polishing!





     

2 comments:

  1. Another pretty mani, Love the colors and how the lines make it look geometric.

    ReplyDelete