Friday, October 11, 2013

Positively Polished - 30 Manis Marathon #11

30 MANIS MARATHON
MANI #11 - POLKA DOTS



Happy Weekend to everyone! Woohoo! Well, I am done with the colors from the 30 Manis Marathon list, and now moving on to patterns! First up, as you can see, is Polka Dots! I love, love, love doing polka dots. I wanted to do something fun, whimsical, but still a bit fancy. I positively adore my dotting tools, so I just went through them all for this pattern!

     
Let's just jump right into it! Here are the polishes I used....

From Left to Right -

  • Bondi New York - Central Park Blossom
  • Julep - Reiko
  • Julep - Marion
  • Sephora by OPI - On Stage 


*Not Shown: Bondi New York - I'm Vers (base & topcoat)



This mani is SUPER easy to do, even for a beginner! I started with one coat of I'm Vers as a base, then three coats of Central Park Blossom as my base color. Then I used about five different sized dotting tools for the different dots with the remaining three colors - Reiko, Marion and On Stage. For my accent nail (ring finger), you can see I decided to go with a lined dots instead of randomly spaced. I finished it all with a coat of I'm Vers as my topcoat. Easy breezy! 

My dotting tools I purchased in a set of five dual-ended tools from Amazon for $3.99 (plus tax). Here is the link -




Next up on the list is Stripes! Coming to ya soon!




Happy Makeuping and Polishing!



    

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors that you used for the dots! I wouldn't have thought to do that color combo but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I knew I really wanted to use Central Park Blossom, and I just added on from there :-D

      Delete