Wednesday, August 21, 2013

September REVEAL - Birchbox

SNEAK PEEKS, SPOILERS, THEMES & MORE!


It's time for some Birchbox sneak peeks! I KNOW you are excited ::eyebrow wiggle:: For some reason, all this time I thought I was following Birchbox on Instagram, but one of my besties brought it up to me earlier today asking what I thought of a recent photo and I said "Ummmmmmm.....". Twas then I realized I in fact was NOT following them! Hello! Now that I actually AM, I have updated in a lot of info! (You know, I could have sworn I was. Some sneaky little Instagram Elf must have Unfollowed. That's the only logical explanation.)

From Birchbox's Instagram!

It looks like everyone will be receiving a Ruffian Nail Lacquer sample in their September Box! Here is the Instagram video link:


Months ago Birchbox collaborated with Ruffian to have their nail lacquer debut featured in an upcoming box. Birchbox and Ruffian set up a color choice photo for all of the Birchbox subscribers to pick their favorite three out of five shades inspired by Ruffian's Spring line.


SO many people voted! These three limited edition lacquer shades will be sent out to all Birchbox Women Subscribers as well as being available for purchase on Birchbox.com (with other shades!) AND they also will be featured at New York Fashion Week!

The three shades picked were: Delirium, Fox Hunt & Hedge Fund

and here they are:

RUFFIAN NAIL LACQUER 
THE CROWDSOURCED COLLECTION 

L to R: Delirium, Fox Hunt, Hedge Fund

Aren't they GORGEOUS?! They sizes are definitely sample polishes at just 0.17 fl oz, but I think they're just stunning. There is a Classics Collection containing a nude, black and red, but as far as I understand, the Crowdsourced collection are the shades going out in the Birchboxes. I'll update once I get confirmation! 

Here is another photo from Birchbox's Instagram showcasing Hedge Fund:

 Looks to be shimmery with some olive gold tones. LOVE. SO perfect for Fall!


Here is Ruffian's special featured video on Birchbox's Youtube Channel! -


 They will be sold on Birchbox.com for $10 per bottle or $24 for a set of 3, which, if you ask me, is a bit steep for sample bottles of those size. I'll probably be madly in love with the one shade I receive, but won't be purchasing the other two, alas!

ALSO, another fun tidbit of information! Birchbox also Instagrammed this! -



Now before you get all giddy and excited (not meaning to ruin your moment!) keep in mind there are HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of subscribers! Still, this is pretty darn fun, and I WILL be opening my Birchbox like there's a special golden ticket inside....drat, now I want chocolate. ::sigh::


Well that's all for today ladies, but I'll be ON THE BALL now with my Birchbox Sneak Peeks! Stay tuned for more to come in the next couple of weeks!

    



UPDATE 9/1

Hello again lovelies! I've got...well...something of a sneak peek for you. It DEFINITELY is a guessing game! Check out this little spoiler video from Birchbox's YouTube channel -

BEHIND THE SCENES AT THE BIRCHBOX SEPTEMBER 2013 PHOTO SHOOT

 

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT THIS MONTH'S THEME IS?

Oh heavens! Well, I'm seeing lots of things! First of all, this month is Birchbox's 3 year anniversary! WOOHOO! So this may in fact have a birthday theme in it...which is exactly what I'm seeing with that screenshot of the girl in the party hat and blowing confetti! Then, I'm seeing a lot of retro memorabilia, so I wonder if this is going to be a past and present birthday box, or a retro birthday box...hmm....what do you think?

     EXCITING!
     



 UPDATE 9/7

Huge update time! I've been slowly catching up on,...well....everything! Work kept me pretty busy for a while, but here we are! First up....did you guess what Birchbox's September box theme is from the video above? It is....

"HERITAGE"


(From Birchbox's Facebook)

They also had this special video for all of their subscribers as a thank you in celebration of their THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!



and now on to the featured products from their September Sneak Peek video! (*Note - all products except polishes are shown in full-size, you may instead receive sample or deluxe sizes. There is also no guarantee that you'll be receiving these products in your own Birchbox if you are a subscriber, these are just featured products.)

The first you already should recognize from my update earlier in August!


RUFFIAN NAIL LACQUERS
THE CROWDSOURCED COLLECTION




"For those of you paying attention, you may remember voting on the color on Facebook and it's so apropos because Ruffian invented the half-way mani." - Katia






SERGE NORMANT
META LUXE HAIR SPRAY


 "Serge did my hair a few months ago, made it the biggest, most beautiful...!" - Katia

"Pair this with something we sell, the Little Wonder Teasing Brush and you could have Katia Texas hair too!" - Hayley





DAVINES
THIS IS A SEA SALT SPRAY


"This is a sea salt spray...scrunched (your hair) up a bit, love the smell of it, always been obsessed with this brand..." - Katia

"I want it to feel like an Italian beach, would you spritz me please...(spritz and smells)...I feel like I'm back on vacation." - Haylay





MEREADESSO
ALL-IN-ONE MOSTURIZER



 "They make this amazing lotion, it's a moisturizer but you can also use it as an eye cream, it has a toner in it, they made this product so you can just kind of have one step...which, who has time for more than one step?'' - Katia





YES TO
GRAPEFRUIT CORRECT & REPAIR CC CREAM

 (shown in Light)

"Yes To Carrots, Yes to Cucumbers, Blueberries and now Grapefruit! They launched a CC Cream which is also natural, good-enough-to-eat kind of ingredients and now you guys can try a little bit of a color line from them." - Katia





AMIKA

OBLIPHICA PERK UP DRY SHAMPOO 




AND

OBLIPHICA BLOW UP SPRAY








 So those are the products featured in the Birchbox September Sneak Peek video, if you'd like to watch the video itself, here is the video:




aaaaaaand now on to their featured Sneak Peek products on their Facebook page!


SNEAK PEEK PRODUCT #1




 "This hydrating duo - from the brand behind our #1 all-time top-selling product - features a chi chi ingredient that strengthens locks and boosts volume." - from Birchbox's Facebook

and it is.....

BEAUTY PROTECTOR
SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER








SNEAK PEEK PRODUCT #2



 "Earlier today BB editor Meredith kicked off New York Fashion Week by going backstage at this fashion designer's runway show. We're big fans of this brand's clothing and accessories - and now they're launching a brand new scent that some subscribers will be receiving in their boxes!" - from Birchbox's Facebook

and it is.....

BCBG MAX AZRIA 
BON GENRE PERFUME








SNEAK PEEK PRODUCT #3

It's the Serge Normant Meta Luxe Hair Spray that is shown above, so I didn't add pictures, you've already seen it! ::grins::





SNEAK PEEK PRODUCT #4



"This gel-like formula from a certain Korean brand skincare brand helps prevent dark circles while smoothing fine lines thanks to it's collagen and elastin-boosting ingredients." - from Birchbox's Facebook

and it is.....

RACINNE
ULTIMATE YOUTH POWER EYE SERUM




That's all for now! Typically that's about all of the Sneak Peek products they show, but they may have the box links up soon! Last month they didn't add the box links until AFTER the 10th, which is the day they update your profile to show what box and products you'll be receiving so I didn't add the box links since it seemed to be a bit of a moot point. We shall see how this month goes in the next couple of days!





UPDATE 9/9

Birchbox box links are up! Only one day before profiles go live, but oh well! You can quickly check them out anyhow and plan what your dream box would be! 


September Box #5
September Box #6
September Box #7
September Box #9
September Box #10
September Box #11
September Box #14
September Box #16
September Box #19
September Box #20
September Box #21
September Box #22
September Box #23
September Box #24
September Box #25
September Box #26
September Box #27
September Box #28
September Box #33
September Box #38
September Box #39
September Box $40
September Box #41
September Box #42
September Box #47
September Box #48


None of them are particularly jumping out at me, but I wouldn't mind 17, 24 or 33! What about you? Which is your dream box?

      

Happy Makeuping!

11 comments:

  1. I was really sad with Aug's birchbox, so getting a nail polish in September would be amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!! xo Kelly http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ALWAYS a good box to me when it includes polish! LOL I couldn't care less about the other stuff if I had one of those pretty Ruffians!

      Delete
  2. I love this! Really hoping for Foxhunt but they're all gorgeous. Thank you for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Foxhunt looks divine but I don't think I could be disappointed with any of them :-D

      Delete
  3. I like fox hunt or hedge fund, I'm burnt out on purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Fox Hunt or Hedge Fund are going to be fab for the Fall! :-D

      Delete
  4. This will be my first Birchbox! I'm so excited for the Ruffian nail polish-all three look gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont care what I get as long as I get one of the boxes with mascara in it! I'm almost completely out and would love to try one of their super fancy kinds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you got the mascara! My box is a bit of a dud this month, but there are a couple of products I'm excited to try anyhow!

      Delete
  6. Hope you got the mascara! My box is a bit of a dud this month, but there are a couple of products I'm excited to try anyhow!

    ReplyDelete