Sunday, April 20, 2014

Makeup and Mani - Easter

MAKEUP AND MANI
EASTER


Happy Easter everyone! Hope ya'll are having a fantastic Easter Sunday! I'm having a pretty awesome day, I must say. Spent not just today, but the whole weekend at home with the Hubby. It has been GLORIOUS. I've been sick and oh so busy for the past few weeks and Mr. Cookie has been working on weekends, so we haven't really spent much time together. ::sadness:: but no more! He's been taking such good care of me, bless his 'lil heart. I've been working late nights while feeling like death warmed over, so it's been great to recuperate and relax over a three day weekend! That's why I haven't been able to post as often as I normally do, but hopefully I'll be feeling back to my old self this week. 

Of course, I had to do a Makeup and Mani post for Easter! I love Easter! Well....come to think of it, any excuse to eat chocolate and not be judged is a great day. ::giggles::


THE MAKEUP

When I think of Easter, I usually jump right into the pastels, but for this year, I decided to do some fun and amped up pastel shades!


Mr. Cookie has been calling these my Easter egg eyes, haha!


Face


  • Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer Blemish Control
  • CoverGirl TruBLEND Liquid Makeup in L1 and L3
  • CoverGirl TruBLEND Fixstick Concealer in L5-7
  • Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer in Brightener 
  • Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder in Porcelain Ivory


What I Did:

I started off using the Smashbox Blemish Control Primer since my face has been KILLING me with breakouts lately! Yeesh! Then I mixed one pump of the TruBLEND foundation in L1 with half a pump of L3 (to add a slight pink tint) and used a foundation brush to apply all over my face. After it set, I used the TruBLEND Fixstick Concealer to conceal the dark circles under my eyes, any blemishes I had and on the sides of my nostrils to conceal redness. I blended it in with the same foundation brush I used for my face. I then used the Age Rewind Brightener as a highlighter, applying it in a triangle shape under my eyes, down my nose, and right below the hollows of my cheeks for contrast. I set everything with the Dream Wonder Powder.

    





Eyes


  • NYX Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original
  • Lime Crime Fantasy Palette in D'Antoinette 
  • Emite Makeup Professional Eye Curler
  • Starlooks Eye Lash Primer
  • Make Up For Ever Smokey Extravagant Mascara
  • Jordana FabuLiner Liquid Eye Liner
  • Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Periwinkle
  • City Color Beauty Bold Brow Kit in Medium


What I Did:

I started with Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer as my main base, then NYX's Jumbo Pencil in Milk blended over it. 

Here's what I used from the Lime Crime palette:


Macarooned (matte peach-orange) - used on the crease and blended above slightly



Royal Flush (pastel matte pink) - blended softly in the inner 1/3 of the crease, as well as applied on the outer half of the eyelid. Also applied lightly below the bottom lashes in the center.



Ribbonesque (matte lavender) - applied on inner half of the eyelids, as well as below the bottom lashes (outer 1/3). 



Mercurious (metallic silver sparkle) - patted on the inner corners of my eyes for highlight.

 I then used the Jordana FabuLiner for a thin cat-eye wing, and the Stila Periwinkle liner right above it. For my lashes, I curled them using Emite's Professional Eye Curler, primed them with Starlook's Eye Lash Primer, then used several coats of Make Up For Ever's Smokey Extravagant Mascara. I finished the eyes by slightly darkening my brows with City Color's Bold Brow Kit in the shade Medium. 
  



Finishing Touches

  • Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched
  • theBalm Instain Long-Wearing Powder Staining Blush in Lace
  • Maybelline Baby Lips Pink'ed LE in Pop of Pink 110
  • Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray
  • Coach Poppy Flower Fragrance

 
What I Did:

Haha, pretty self-explanatory, I used the Pixi Beauty bronzer to contour (hollows of cheeks, jawbone, and nose), the blush as...well...blush, Baby Lips Limited Edition shade from the Pink'ed Collection in Pop of Pink, UD's De-Slick Setting Spray to set my face and a spritz of Coach's Poppy Flower to smell SCRUMPTIOUS! Mmmmm....





THE MANI


Did I mention I love pastels? Haha, I went back and forth on what design I wanted to do and it eventually transformed to this. Originally I was going to do Easter egg designs, then I though...oh how cliche! Haha! Then I went through all of my stamping plates till I saw a polka dot bow, so I was going to stamp it on each nail...then I looked at the clock and saw I didn't have time (had to be somewhere with Hubby). Therefore....it became simple polka dots! However, I love it! 

Polishes Used


  • Nail Tek Intensive Therapy II (basecoat)
  • City Color Nail Polish in Blush
  • NCLA Nail Lacquer in As If!
  • Julep Nail Color in Blake
  • Zoya Nail Polish in Blu
  • Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
  • MASH Nail Dotting Tools


What I Did:

I started off with my base coat, then applied two coats of each color to a different nail. City Color's blush on my pointer, NCLA's As If! on my middle finger, Julep's Blake on my ring finger and Zoya's Blu on my pinky. I used a small to medium sized dotting tool to apply the dots, using opposition colors for each nail. Blush and Blue (pointer and pinky) and Blake and As If! (middle and ring). Once that dried, I applied one coat of Seche Vite for my top coat!



That's it for my Easter edition of The Charming Cheshire Makeup and Mani post! Sorry it's a bit short and sweet, I'm still feeling a bit under the weather. I'm off to go lay down again and watch The Easter Parade (LOVE that movie) with the Hubsters! Hope everyone's Easter was awesome!


Happy Easter Makeuping!





    

2 comments:

  1. Your eyeshadow is gorgeous! You pull off that look so well!!
    xox, michelle | alovelyallure

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look sooo gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete