Thursday, March 21, 2013

Positively Polished

Double Striped Silver/Lavender 

Finally a nail polish post! I have SO many polishes I need to try/review currently, but I've been fairly busy, so they're just sitting on my couch table, staring at me with glossy anticipation...but I had a moment (just around midnight lol) the other day and here we are!


I noticed on makeuptalk.com (FABULOUS forum, btw!) that lavender was seeming to be a popular Spring polish at the moment, and I recalled that I had fallen madly in love with an Essie polish at Target about a month ago, purchased it and it just so happen to be a lavender shade! Well, I couldn't just go along and leave my nails just a plain solid color, gotta get all fancified, so I decided to add some metallic. 

Here are the polishes I used:


Left is Essie's No Place Like Chrome (seriously, one of the best silver chromes I've ever come across!) and right is Essie's Bikini So Teeny which is a fantastic blue tinted lavender. Bikini went on a little streaky at first, but dried awfully fast, which is always a plus. It took about 3 coats to smooth it out and to achieve full opacity. I went ahead and let it dry and waited a full day before I put on the silver though (busy and wasn't going to take any chances lol). I had purchased a Sally Hansen french manicure polish set from Krogers about 6 months ago that included a white polish for tips, iridescent pale pink top coat and a booklet of strips (both curved and straight) for achieving a fabulously even-lined tip. Here's a picture of a page from the booklet...I'd say it's a generous set!


There are 6 pages total, this picture is just one single page. The whole set cost about $10. 

So, I used the straight strips to achieve my double stripe silver lines. I placed one strip on the bottom of my cuticle across, then spaced down, then one for the middle of the stripes, etc. I'm thinking now that I'm writing this post, that if I wish, I could just continue and have stripes going horizontally all the way down my nail! I just might do that....lol

The silver dried very very fast, as a matter of fact, as soon as I brushed it on, I peeled off the stickers! I waited about 30 minutes to make sure it was completely dried, then applied top coat....incidentally, speaking of, I've been trying out a new bottom/top coat and so far, I'm pretty impressed!

 
 Nailtini! This brand was introduced to me through Ipsy's Glam Bags. I currently have two of their polishes (Millionaire and Bloody Mary) and I just adore them. I was lucky enough to win a prize from Ipsy a few months ago and they sent me this adorable double-sided top/bottom coat set and let me tell you, they ROCK! The bottom coat dries within seconds and the top coat goes on very smooth and holds up really well. Plus, look at the adorableness of this thing....SO efficient to have both polishes linked together, and don'tcha just love the name? NAILTINI!....must have an appropriate photo for this....


Ok, maybe that's the goofiest polish picture ever, but hey, I tried....::sips Pink Cosmo::

Happy Makeuping, Girlies!
Love, Cookie <3



 

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I don't have No Place Like Chrome, but will try it out with another metallic. A very spring mani.
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My fingers do feel very Spring-y lol Let me know what metallic you end up using!

      Delete