Monday, March 17, 2014

Makeup and Mani - St. Paddy's Day

Makeup and Mani
St. Paddy's Day


Top o' the morning to ye! Or evening, whatever the case may be! Haha, it's late evening here, and such a BUMMER that St. Paddy's Day fell on a weeknight! Wouldn't you agree? Hubby and I will just be staying in tonight, but I did do some running around today, sporting my Irish eyes and mani....I feel a song coming on...."When Irish eyes are smiliiiiing, sure 'tis like a morn in Spriiiiiing....".....okay, I'm back now....on to the makeup and mani portion of this post!


THE MAKEUP

Yes, indeedy, I went full on green for my eyes, but I wanted to incorporate a little orange for the Irish flag, but rather than have a bright orange lip with dramatic green eyes, I opted for a softer subdued coral orange.


 I really wanted to go bright and fun this week! Most people say blue eyed girls can't wear green eyeshadow....I beg to differ! I love these greens!


Face


  • L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream in Fair
  • CoverGirl truBLEND FIXSTICK Concealer in L5-7
  • Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder in Porcelain Ivory
  • Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer in Brightener (160)
  • Real Techniques Brush (Powder Brush and Expert Face Brush)
  • Coastal Scents Foundation Brush (from 22 Brush Set)




What I Did:

 I did not apply a primer, as I am currently using a serum + primer product from Grand Central Beauty. Using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, I squeezed some of the L'Oreal BB Cream on the back of my hand, dabbed the brush in it and blended it all over my face. I then used the CoverGirl FIXSTICK Concealer to cover any blemishes and my dark cirles and used the Foundation brush to lightly feather out the edges of the concealer, which I find to be a much better method of blending in than with fingers or a sponge, as it does not thin out the product as much, giving me fuller coverage but still seamless into my foundation. I used the Maybelline Concealer (Brightener) wherever I wanted to highlight - top of my nose, chin, above my cheekbones and inner part of my under eye area. I set every very lightly with my Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder, using my large Real Techniqes Powder Brush to dust it on where needed. 






Cheeks


  • Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched
  • Bellapiere Cosmetics Mineral Blush in Desert Rose
  • Benefit Cosmetics Blush in CORALista




What I Did:

Fairly self-explanatory! I used the Pixi Beauty Bronzer to sculpt and bronze, brushing it with an angled blush brush in the hollows of my cheeks, jawline and lightly down the sides of my nose. I used the Bellapiere Mineral Blush all over the sides of my cheeks for a nice glow (it's a gorgeous soft peach shade, you can see my review on it, along with swatches here: January 2014 Glossybox), then the Benefit CORALista blush right outside the apples of my cheeks for a more concentrated, brighter color. 

   





Eyes


  • BH Cosmetics Take Me To Brazil Eyeshadow Palette
  • NYX Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (original)
  • Emite Makeup Professional Eye Curler
  • Starlooks Eye Lash Primer
  • Flower Beauty Zoom-In Ultimate Mascara in Intense Black
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Junkie, Loaded and Graffiti 




What I Did:

I primed my eyes with Urban Decay's Primer Potion first, then after it set, I blended NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk over my entire eyelid for a white base to give me an even brighter eyeshadow color. 

Here's what I used from my Take Me to Brazil palette...

  1. Blended on the inner corners of my eyes and lightly up towards crease
  2. blended in the center of crease
  3. Blended on the outer 1/3 of crease and lightly out to wing
  4. Applied all over eyelid, stopping at crease, as well as outer 2/3 of bottom lashes
  5. Lightly blended in the middle of my bottom lashes
  6. Inner 1/4 of bottom lashes

I applied the top lid colors first, then before applying the shadows on the bottom lashes, I used UD's 24/7 eyeliner in Graffiti on my bottom lashes, then Junkie right above it, closer to the waterline. I patted eyeshadow #4, the matte deep green, right over the eyeliner to set it. I used UD's eyeliner in Loaded for a simple cat-eye wing. 

I finished the eyes with a single coat of Starlooks lash primer, then three coats of Flower Beauty's Zoom-In mascara on the top lashes and two coats on the bottom lashes.





Lips


  • ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick in Disco Fever
  • Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Mischievous 

What I Did:

I started with a single layer of ModelCo's Disco Fever, which is a bright, vivid orange coral, then I lightened it a bit with Revlon's Mischievous softly applied with my fingertips over Disco Fever.


    


And that's it for the makeup! Not listed is the product I used for my eyebrows, which is a Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo sample I received from Sephora in the shade Medium Brown. I used a Real Techniques Brow Brush to apply. I also used Urban Decay's De-Slick Setting Spray all over the face to finish! Voila!





THE MANI


This mani just makes me all Irish and happy! It was fun, easy and probably one of my favorite manis I've ever done!


Polishes Used:

From Left to Right:
  •  Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
  • China Glaze in Passion
  • Julep in Etta
  • Julep in Shoshanna
  • RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer in Hedge Fund
  • Julep (mini) in Colbie
  • Color Club in Wild Cactus



I applied two coats of Etta on my pointer, three coats of Shoshanna on my middle finger, two coats of Hedge Fund on my ring finger and two coats of Passion on my pinky. After than dried, I used these stamping plates for designs:


Konad Plate #m60 and Bundle Monster Plate #403

I used Wild Cactus on the Konad plate's design for plaid on my pinky finger over Passion, then Wild Cactus again for the clover design over Etta on my pointer finger. As you can see, Wild Cactus stamps ridiculously well! I love it!

I added opposite glitter ends for some added sparkle, applying Colbie from the top of my nail by the cuticle on my pointer finger and dragging down, then on the tip of my ring finger and dragging up. I finished the nails by adding a single coat of Seche Vite! 

(Not shown - I COMPLETELY forgot to take a pic of my thumb! Haha! Whoopsie! For my thumb I used two coats of Passion (same as pinky), but then I used Colbie (the glitter) the same way I did on my ring finger by applying on the tip and dragging upwards.)



Well that's it for my St. Paddy's Day Makeup and Mani look! I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know how YOU got yourself all dolled up for today, and what you did! I shall live vicariously through your St. Patrick's Day adventures ::winkwink::



And yes, I actually DO have Irish heritage! My biological mother's side is Irish! Hello Dooley family!



Happy St. Paddy's Day Makeuping! Sláinte!






    

4 comments:

  1. your skin is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you like the Grand Central Beauty Serum + Primer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I'm actually in the process of writing a review for it since it came in my March Birchbox :-D It should be up in the next day or two, keep your eye out for it ;-)

      Delete