Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Beauty Spotlight - ft. BH Cosmetics Party Girl Eyeshadow Palette

BH COSMETICS
PARTY GIRL EYESHADOW PALETTE


"This 40 Color BH Party Girl Eyeshadow Palette was made to fulfill the ultimate socialite’s dreams. Whether you want to go for flirty or cosmopolitan, this makeup palette contains must-have shimmer & matte shades for double-taking beauty at your next big event." - bhcosmetics.com

This post has actually been a long time coming! I've had this little beauty set aside for a review for a while now, but my monthly beauty subscriptions took precedent as far as urgency of posting, but I decided it was time to pull out this little beauty and show you how faaaaaabulous it is! Haha, I couldn't even use it until I took photos, since I needed it to be unswatched. But no more! I've pretty much been using it every day now....


I'm a huge lover of BH Cosmetics, owning several of their eyeshadow palettes and this one I really, really loved, not just because it has super bright colors, but because I was really pleased with the color and pigmentation of pretty much every single shade!


Tadaaaaaaaa! How GORGeous, right? Makes you want to jump up and party! There are 40 different shadows, ranging in finishes from matte to shimmer and of course, in colors from a matte white being the lightest to a shimmery black for the darkest.


Close-up! Aren't those pinks just stunning? 

What I really love about the range of colors is that there ARE a decent amount of neutrals that can be used alone, or paired with the brights for a beautiful effect. SUCH a variety of looks can be created from this! You can either go for a neutral eye with a tiny pop of color or go full on bright, vivid and ka-pow!


APPLICATION AND SWATCHES:

TOP ROW

We're going to go row by row and get a closer look at all the colors! First off, top row with are neutrals, golds and yellow....

 (click for larger image)


Majority of this row are satins/shimmers, with only two mattes - the dark auburn brown and bright canary yellow. The shimmery pale nude is the only shade that doesn't show up very brightly on my skin tone, only because it matches it so well, however it makes a fantastic inner eye highlight or under the brow. It's also gorgeous patted over a darker neutral shade for some brighter shimmer. All of my swatches are done without primer and are about 3-4 swipes each. The shimmers are the softest formulas and usually only need 3 dry swipes to reach this pigmentation. Across the row from left to right we have a yellow wheat gold shimmer, copper bronze shimmer, warm copper tan shimmer, light taupe satin with gold flecks (looks very gilded with a deeper brown with primer), warm gold shimmer, matte deep auburn, matte canary yellow, frosted off-white shimmer, pale nude shimmer, and yellow-toned nude shimmer. 

Out of these the copper bronze shimmer (2nd from left), matte canary yellow and frosted shimmery white are the most pigmented and with the softest formula. The trickiest to use are the light taupe satin with gold flecks (4th from left) and matte deep auburn (6th from left), but still very blendable. 




SECOND ROW

Second from the top is a row of mainly pinks and browns with, once again, only two mattes.

        

Love this super feminine selection of shades! Starting from the left we have a bright white shimmer, matte dusty rose, rich reddish-brown auburn shimmer, matte bright pink, grape shimmer, pink berry shimmer, dark sepia satin, grey-toned lavender shimmer, dull raspberry shimmer, and bright bittersweet orange satin-shimmer. 

Out of these shades, I adore the matte dusty rose, the grape shimmer, and the dark sepia. They are super soft and pigmented and blend beautifully! The matte dusty rose and the reddish-brown shade next to it remind me a lot of the colors from the Urban Decay Naked 3, so if you're looking for a cheaper alternative that has similar shades, you may love trying thsi palette out! I really didn't dislike any of the colors in this row, the pigmentation and formula for each one was great! The bright pink matte is the trickiest, though, but used with a primer, it's a much brighter, richer pink.




THIRD ROW

In this row we have a wide range from red through pinks to lavender-greys to deep greys to grey-blue. 


    


From left to right is a bright matte red, deep hot pink satin, medium pink shimmer, light babydoll pink shimmer, matte dark lavender, grey-toned lilac shimmer with flecks of silver, steel grey satin, black satin with silver and pink flecks, dark steel grey satin and pale sky blue satin-shimmer.

Out of these I adore the bright matte red (TWO swipes!), deep hot pink satin and grey-toned lilac shimmer (sixth from left). They're very soft and apply smoothly. The ones I like the least are the matte dark lavender, and the black satin with silver/pink flecks. They ARE workable with a primer, but they're just not as pigmented as I'd like them to be and the flecks don't show up as much as I'd like in the black satin.





BOTTOM ROW

The final row contains blues and greens.

  

From left to right there is a matte azure, steel blue satin, matte turquoise, shimmery pale moss green, olive green shimmer, pear green shimmer with silver flecks, rich fern green shimmer, satin turquoise-green, hunter green satin-shimmer and a light blue-grey shimmer with silver flecks.

LOVING the matte azure, and turquoise as well as the rich fern green. They're gorgeous! Really all of these blend well and are decently pigmented without primer, the only one that was a bit light is the pear green shimmer (sixth from the left), but still beautiful and buildable. 



LONGEVITY AND WEAR:

All of the colors I've tried have had excellent wear when used with a primer and setting spray! I had full color with no fading for about 6-7 hours after application, then still had soft color at the 10 hour mark. I did not have any trouble with patchiness or any shimmer/flecks causing irritation on my eyes and I did not notice any major fallout during wear as well! Love it!



PURCHASE:

You are in LUCK right now if you're interested in trying this pretty little beauty out, it's on sale at the moment (well, technically BH Cosmetics has tons of sales so often! haha!). It's discounted to $9.95 (plus shipping and handling plus tax if applicable) on BH Cosmetics website:

 http://www.bhcosmetics.com/products/eyes/BH-Party-Girl



   


FINALE:

 So I actually meant to post this yesterday for Mardi Gras because the look I created was so great for it! Haha, unfortunately I was packing all morning, and flew off to Ft. Worth, TX, where I currently am! Can I say it's been SO LONG since I've been on a plane...hello, when did they allow laptops and have wifi?! Here I was turning off my phone (seriously the only one on the plane that did) and pulling out a book to read...nono, not my Nook....an actual paperback book. I got stares. ::giggles::


The look is missing Mardi Gras green, but it's got the gorgeously bright and vivid purple and yellow! I have to say, this is one my favorite eyeshadow looks to date!

      


I used the dark steel grey (3rd row, 2nd from right) on the outer 1/3 of my eyelid, then the bright grape (2nd row, 5th from left) blended into my crease. I patted the bright canary on the inner half of my eyelids then blended a little of the matte dark lavender (3rd row, 5th from the left) above the purple and what remained on the brush between the canary yellow and steel grey to blend the transition out. I used the purple on my bottom lashes, patted lightly on my waterline, then finished the shadows by blending some of the bright white shimmer in the 2nd row as my highlight on the inner corners of my eyes as well as on my brow bone. I used a black liquid eyeliner for my wing and stopped it just a bit inside the outer corner of my eyes, then used the dark steel grey over it to blend it into the shadows on my eyelid, making the transition seamless. Mascara and done!
  
  

Well that's all for now! I hope you enjoyed the review! Do you own the Party Girl palette or are you convinced you have to have it now? ::winkwink:: Which colors are speaking to you and which could you live without? I'd love to know your thoughts! 


   

Happy Makeuping! Partaaayyyyyyy!




    

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous palette! I have thought about getting some palettes from BH but now I know I have to order more. I love the yellow, I was thinking of playing around with yellow shadow myself.

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't realize how much I adore it until I started using it! I've been totally happy with every single BH palette I've purchased! You should definitely get more ::enable:: LOL

      Delete
  2. They have so much fun stuff! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the review, did u see the after hours palette?

    ReplyDelete